"You’re the only chance they have. You must help! Can you imagine what it’s like for a Gobbo being all alone?" -- Beany Bird
Beany Bird is a magical yellow bird with black wings that was summoned by King Rufus to rescue Croc when Baron Dante was rampaging Gobbo Valley. At the end of each level, there is a Beany Bird Gong which must be rung to complete the level. After Croc has done so, she will appear and raise Croc, whisking him away to his next adventure.
She, unfortunately, did not make it into Croc 2, or any other future games.
- When Croc defeats Neptuna, Beany appears wearing a scuba mask. This is the only instance of this, since it is the only level where Croc can finish underwater.
- Beany Bird only appears in Croc: Legend of the Gobbos. Not one single mention of her or the other characters from the first game are made. Except for, of course, Croc, and King Rufus and some other Gobbos appear in the beginning. The Beany Gong is replaced by a gong with a crocodile paw print on the side.
- In the continue screen after choosing "No". A scene will play seeing Croc sadly walking away then Beany Bird slowly approaches him.
- She is seen in the V0.12 Beta but instead of whisking Croc off to the next level and appearing on the Gong, she instead appears in an early version of the Box Shuffling Game.
- If you smash the Beany gong and then push it then there is a chance that Croc will walk through the gong. This glitch is easiest in 'Crox Interactive'.