Green and Red
|“||You must find this little green trouble-maker and get rid of him forever.||”|
AppearancesEditBaron Dante is the central villain in the Croc series, and he has appeared in every Croc game to date.
Croc: Legend of the GobbosEdit
Invasion of Gobo ValleyEdit
- See Baron Dante 1's Invasion of Gobbo Valley article for more details.
He appears, firstly, in Forest Island in the intro of Croc: Legend of the Gobbos, where he is shown invading the Gobbos and capturing them, along with his loyal Dantinis. He is then shown in every Guardian Level cutscene by turning innocent, harmless creatures into evil monsters, each with the intention to stop Croc from rescuing all the Gobbos. Croc faced them one at a time and defeated them, turning back into the harmless animals they were before. In the process, he defeated Tooty the Feeble, Flibby the Boxing Ladybug, Chumly the Rocket Man, Demon Itsy, Neptuna the 'Fish', Cactus Jack, and Fosley the Balloon Dantini. After Croc defeated them all, Baron Dante was forced to fight Croc himself.
After Baron Dante 1 was defeated, Croc then recovered the Jigsaw Pieces scattered in various places around the Islands, and then visited the mysterious Crystal Island where a strange creature that resembled Baron Dante 1 but is thought to be a totally different creature. It was called The Secret Sentinel and it fights in a large cross like arena (similar to the hospital cross symbol). After Croc defeated The Secret Sentinel, it shattered into many crystals, one of which Croc picked up. This could likely be the reason Baron Dante 2 wears an eyepatch in Croc 2, due to the fact he was reincarnated.
In Croc 2, the Dantinis somehow resurrected the unforgotten evil Baron Dante 1 into Baron Dante 2. He made several attempts on the brave crocodile's life once more, and has even gotten a new dartboard with Croc's picture on it.
After several attempts failed, Baron Dante 2 decided to confront Croc himself, on the mountain tops of Inca Village. Croc, driving the Professor Gobbo's plane, managed to shoot Baron Dante 2 off the mountain, where he retreated to the Bride of the Dungeon of Defright, Croc following closely behind.
In the dungeon, Croc met and freed the Professor Gobbo, and the two of them confronted Baron Dante 2 a final time on a dark mountain top. Croc protected the Professor Gobbo from Baron Dante 2's evil magic long enough for the inventor to open a portal to another dimension and banish the evil being.
Croc was reunited with his family, as he had originally set out to do. However, as Swap Meet Pete predicted, Dante was not defeated. He managed to kidnap Croc's unborn siblings (eggs) and bring them into his secret world. Croc freed the eggs, but what became of Baron Dante after that is unknown.
Croc Mobile: Volcanic PanicEditIn Croc Mobile: Volcanic Panic!, Baron Dante returns once again to halt the wedding of King Rufus and Princess Tara.
The Dantinis are very loyal to Baron Dante 1 and 2, with some people describing them as his followers, to others who say they are his slaves. However, no matter what status they are to him, he has complete control over them. He can order them to whatever he wants with no resistance whatsoever.
The Guardians featured in the Croc games are influenced by Baron Dante 1 and 2, and their primary purpose given to them by Baron Dante himself was to stop Croc at all costs.
Baron Dante 1 and 2 features impressive magic powers which can accomplish a whole array of things:
- Turn ordinary creatures into destructive monsters
- Can fire magic/electric shots from his glove
- Super strength
- Can bash his fist against the ground making sonic waves
- Can shoot fire
- Expert climber (Mountain)
- Can create a storm (Croc 2)
- Able to become a ghost (speculated but quite plausible)
- His bio from the official Croc site states: King of all villians, hater of all things Gobbo and stronger than a thousand Dantinis.
- From that sentence, 'villains' was spelled incorrectly.
- Baron Dante was named after the film director, Joe Dante. The 'Baron' part was added because 'It sounded evil.'
- Although many believe Baron Dante wears an eyepatch due to missing an eye, an eye texture can clearly be seen at the bottom of the eyepatch texture, indicating he still has an eye under his patch (however, due to the game's old graphics, the eye's texture probably wasn't able to be changed).
- Baron Dante, was originally called "Denver". The name was changed when the Lead Designer joined the Croc team (to quote; "Denver? That sounds rubbish!").
"The evil arch nemesis of all that is good and kind. Brought back from the n'th dimension by his loyal Dantinis, revenge isn't the only thing he has on his mind. Dante wants to know the secret of the flying machine the smart Gobbo has invented and will stop at nothing to get it."
"This cruel sorcerer is the cause of all of the Gobbos strife. [sic] Little is known about him or his hatred for all Gobbo kind, but he was probably dropped as a baby."